Thursday 24 November 2011

Thanksgiving Prayer

This morning I read a prayer which touched my heart deeply. this prayer could just as well have been written by myself, thanking my Daddy for EVERYTHING on Thanksgiving. This poem was originally written by Ripplemaker and can be found at the link below.

"God, thank you for this wonderful year! All five hundred twenty five thousand six hundred minutes of it! Thank you for the little and big milestones that have happened in my life. Growing up can sometimes be a painful thing especially when it involves handling our emotional and mental state. But what a year of learning and growing! I wouldn’t change it for anything.

I smile with delight. Your little girl is all grown up now. And I know that you are happy for me. Why are the tears falling down my face, blurring my eyes? Perhaps it’s because I just know that there is so much love and gratitude within and all around me. I thank you for this precious, very precious gift.

A life lived in love is so much different. I know because I too have walked the valleys of darkness. And yet, I have made it through. I am here, alive and free! And everyday has become a celebration.


God, thank you for all the small miracles that comprised the bigger miracle in my life. The miracle of finding, knowing and loving myself. I was lost but now I am found. Your love was unfailing, unchanging. It was steadfast…a solid bright light that got me through the dark times. How I have basked in that pure light of love; received comfort when my heart was pierced with pain. I see that the miracle of love is the greatest gift of all. Love truly heals.


God, thank you for giving me all the opportunities to create ripples of love. As I have experienced your love and grow to love myself, I noticed that I am reaching out more to others. I rejoice every time I am able to respond better to situations.

As I have used my healing gift, I have been able to witness the transformation of lives (including physical healing) and I too have been blessed tremendously. "


Daddy, above all, thank You for loving me!


Refenrence: http://ripplemaker.hubpages.com/hub/Dear-God--Thank-You

1 comment: