Wednesday 19 October 2016

Dandelion Blessings

There is an age-old tradition stating that if you make a wish and blow a dandelion, it might just come true.

Driving home today in horrid Johannesburg traffic, I was not in the friendliest of moods (to say the least). Tired, stressed...exhausted. As I stopped at the traffic light, I noticed the usual beggar. He was not standing on his usual spot though. He held a dandelion in his hand and took great delight in blowing it into the wind. As the dandelion's seeds were carried by the wind, shear delight brightened this man's face. Here I was thinking about "poor little me" whilst this man (who probably calls the streets his home) found enjoyment and peace in something as trivial as blowing dandelion seeds.

With my next dandelion wish (or maybe just my next prayer), I will be sure to ask God to bless this man abundantly as he taught me an important lesson today: happiness can be found all around you, all you have to do is ask God to open the eyes of your heart.



No comments:

Post a Comment